I used to live in Columbus Ohio. Spent about 17 years growing up in and around the city. Spent the majority of my time in Grandview Heights and the Short North. Had some amazing experiences and some that I’d like to trade in. For many years, I searched for myself amongst the streets of UA, between the cobblestones in German Village.
Needless to say, many people I love are in C-bus. And, because it is a test market for new restaurants, I know this trip with be all the more exciting than any of the others I’ve taken. New things are popping up each month. Soon, Columbus will have a Houfbrauhaus, Cameron Mitchell just opened a new restaurant, Jeni’s Ice Cream gets all the more “fine” with each visit. These are just a few of my very favorite spots.
So far, here is the hit list, some are for certain and others just ideas:
1. North Star – for either the veggie burger made with beets or the thai wrap
2. Jeni’s Fine Ice Cream for all of the new flavor sampling
3. The Refectory – because it IS restaurant week
4. Hound Dog’s Pizza
5. Arepazo Tapas and Wine
6. Hudson 29 – Cameron Mitchell’s new joint
7. New Breweries around Columbus….can’t WAIT FOR THAT
Help me out, folks! Where else should we dine? Looking for suggestions on your favorite dives and places to splurge!!!