Brie, Parma Ham and Pear Chutney Grilled Cheese
I love this flavor combination. Sweet, salty, meaty and just a little tart. Make this grilled cheese sandwich using the pear chutney from the recipe posted yesterday…or just slice up some pear if you don’t have time. Super simple, and very good.
CHEESY CRUNCHY SAVORY GRILLED CHEESE
4 Slices Sourdough bread
4 oz Brie, sliced
4 Slices Parma Ham
4 T Pear chutney
4 T butter
1/4 C Shredded parmesan cheese
- Butter both pieces of bread.
- Place one piece of parma ham on each piece of bread.
- Top the parma ham with the brie slices.
- Spread some chutney on top of the cheese, then close up the bread.
- Place the sandwich on a hot griddle or pan.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on that side then carefully flip the sandwich.
- Top the cooked side with parmesan cheese and allow it to soften while the other side cooks (5 minutes).
- Flip to the cheese side down and top the other side with cheese.
- After about 3 minutes, flip again and allow the other cheesed side to get nice and crispy.
- Eat that delicious sandwich.
It’s important that you soften your butter before trying to spread it on the sourdough so you don’t damage the delicate bread. Rip a hole and your ingredients may all come tumbling out onto the skillet. However, if that DOES happen, you have a delicious sweet crispy mistake to put right on top.
The ham should go on the bread first, this way it will get a little crispy as it cooks. Also, it will keep the cheese from cooking through the bread on the grill.
Doesn’t that chutney look amazing! It really is. Slices of pear are great too, but this added just the right amount of tart.
I sure do love my electric griddle.
You can see the grill lines had started to appear. Flip and cheese the top. Cheese it RIGHT AWAY so it has time to soften. Otherwise, you run the risk that it will fly off the bread when you flip it. You can also add more butter before you cheese it, if you want to.
Nice and crispy!
I made mine without parma ham. It was just as tasty! Served it with my favorite oven crisped fries. Perfect hard day at work dinner.