What’s the perfect answer to a night of watching horror movies? Candied bacon, of course! It’s so simple to make, and so delicous that it seems silly not to make it. Calorie wise, yeah it’s a bitch. But every once in a while, you have to give yourself a splurge.
6 Pieces of bacon
1/2 C Brown sugar
1/4 C Maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour maple syrup in a small bowl and spread the brown sugar on a plate.
- Dip the bacon in the maple syrup and use your fingers to remove some of the excess.
- Roll the bacon in the brown sugar then lay on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- bake for upwards of 20 minutes – until brown and crispy.
- Let it sit out for a few minutes to cool then enjoy.
This was so tasty! Not quite as sweet as I’d like it to be, so I’ll have to keep working on the combination of ingredients. Next time, I may add a splash of bourbon and vanilla into the maple and see what joys that brings.
It’s kind of a messy job, but you really want to love on the bacon and get the ingredients all smushed in so that they hold the brown sugar on nicely.
Action shots are the best! Make sure to scrape the extra syrup off so it’s not too drippy.
Coat that bacon in brown sugar! After I pressed it into the brown sugar and laid it on the baking sheet, I sprinkled a little extra sugar on them – just to make sure.
Ready to go! Stick them in that oven and bake till ready. Mine took about 25 minutes – but check every 5 after about 15 minutes just to make absolutely certain.
And of course, I served it with a splash of Woodford Reserve Double Oaked Bourbon. What else?